PCA Leadership Council Meeting Minutes
April 22, 2016 @ 6 PM CDT
In attendance: Fred-Allen Self, James Ramelis, Lawton Higgs, Gina Pond
After technology adventures the meeting was called to order at 6:05 PM.
- Opening Reflection and Prayer – Lawton
- Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting – Approved unanimously.
- Fred-Allen will post meeting minutes to the website and Facebook.
- Gina will post to the email list.
- Approve Agenda – unanimously approved.
- Web site domain name & hosting
- Fred-Allen and Gina will work together on revamping the website.
- Beth asked how we will go about compiling the clergy list for the website? Gina said it will all be voluntary and could be done through email/website/Facebook.
- Look into hosting affiliation forms into website.
- There is a problem with our emails going into spam folders of RSLs. Emails are being missed because of this. Gina proposed a solution of having that administrators forwarding the emails to the correct person.
- Gina, Beth, and Fred-Allen will serve as administrators for the info list and forward emails to the correct person.
- Lawton will take responsibility to create a directory of LC members and RSLs.
- Facebook administration
- Things are going VERY well with the Facebook group! We have a great admin team in place and it’s become a place for great dialog.
- Ordination Committee and ordination & affiliation process
- Ordination application and materials need to be updated.
- Fred-Allen will update the ordination application to an editable form and edit the address to which it is remitted and send it to the PCA LC.
- 501c3 discussion & fund raising and fund management
- J. T. gave an update on the process of the 501c3 filing.
- A large stumbling block is the incorporation. J. T. needs the incorporation paperwork in order to move on the process.
- Lawton will make contact to get the incorporation papers.
- If it is necessary we will move ahead with a new incorporation.
- This has been approved unanimously by the LC.
- Wild Goose Festival July 7-10, 2016
- Lawton suggests that if anyone would like to attend to register and we can plan a meet-up time for everyone in attendance.
- Gina has concerns about attending Wild Goose because of a lack of protections for LGBTQ individuals there.
- RSL Pacific Region and other RSL Needs
- John Contabile has resigned as RSL from the Pacific Region.
- Lawton has accepted and responded to this resignation. As such there is a need for a new RSL in this region.
- Gina suggested a friend of hers, an ordained PCA minister, for Pacific RSL: Debra Newcomb. Gina will reach out. If she is interested then Lawton will reach out to her.
- The LC would like to invite the RSLs to a LC meeting in the future.
- Rev. David Gray’s PCA Rites development
- Rev. David Gray is interested in developing rites for the PCA, such as baptism, naming, etc…
- Beth and Fred-Allen both mentioned resources they had developed that they would be happy to share as well.
- It was discussed to create a repository of these materials and make them available.
- Jerry Joyce Veterans Healthcare Justice Letter
- Letter has not been received yet, this will tabled to the next meeting.
- Possible PCA Statement on State Oppression of LGBTQ persons
- The LC has decided that we will make an official statement on HB2 and send it to the Wild Goose Festival as well as to the Governor.
- Gina will draft the letter and send it to the LC for approval.
- Next meeting date & time: May 20, 2016 – 6:00 PM CDT
**These minutes were approved for publication at the May 20, 2016 meeting.