It’s board election time again! This year we are holding elections for Co-chair, Secretary, and Member-at-Large to serve a 3 year term (2019-2021).
For all positions: It is important that all nominees are able to work within the Google ecosystem, particularly Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Drive. The majority of our work is done through these systems since we are an international organization with members all over the world (e.g.: the Leadership Chair lives in Switzerland!). Familiarity with WordPress is also helpful for all positions, and is really desired for the Secretary position (or a strong commitment to learn these systems) so that the Secretary can post minutes and other documents to the website. All nominees will be required to fill out a Membership Form if they haven’t done so in the last year, which will be sent to them by the current Co-chair, Beth Abbott when they send in their nomination.
All potential nominees are reminded that this is a 3 year commitment. Communication is critical in the work that we do! Only 3 unexcused absences from Board meetings are allowed according to our Constitution and Canons. Planned absences can be arranged with the Leadership Chair, but must be communicated in advance. Please consider carefully your ability to maintain your commitment if you do get elected to the Leadership Council. There is a lot of work to be done, and we need committed volunteers!
Please review the positions below, and if you are interested in running for office, fill out the nomination form below or email your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Performs the Chair’s responsibilities when the Chair cannot be available
- Reports to and works closely with the Chair and other LC members.
- Performs other responsibilities assigned by the Council.
- Responsible for the oversight of the financial aspects of the Progressive Christian Alliance along with the Chair.
- Oversees endorsement for specialized ministry.
- Serves a three (3) year term and may not self-succeed into the same position.
- Maintains records of the council and ensures effective management of the organization’s records.
- Creates and manages minutes of council meetings.
- Ensures minutes are distributed to members of the Progressive Christian Alliance and the Leadership Council within five (5) business days of the Leadership Council Meeting or Convocation Meeting.
- Is able to research and obtain legal documents (articles, by-laws, IRS letters, etc.) to note applicability during meetings.
- Serves a three (3) year term and may not self-succeed into same position. Cannot concurrently chair another committee. In the event the Secretary is unable to fulfill their duties for a period of time, they will notify the Chair as soon as possible so a replacement can be identified.
**In addition to the above, the Secretary should have a strong familiarity with Google Docs, Google Drive, and WordPress, or a strong commitment to learning these systems. Extra special bonus if the nominee has experience with Google Forms!
- Acts as a liaison between the council and the membership of PCA as a whole.
- Stays in regular connection and communication with the membership of PCA.
- Fills in for other leadership council roles in the case of vacancies.
- Serves a three year term and may not self-succeed into same position. Cannot concurrently chair another committee.
**In addition to the above, the Member-at-Large will also be the main contact for the Facebook Admins for our online groups, and so should be familiar with how Facebook groups work, preferably know how to be an Admin, or have a strong commitment to learn.
Nominations are open from now until Midnight US Pacific Time on October 31. Voting will begin on November 1 for two weeks.
Any nominations sent on any other platform other than this form, or in an email to the Co-Chair, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Comments will be closed for this post. If you have any questions about the process, please use our contact form.
Winners of the election will be announced on November 16th, and the newly elected officers will be required to attend the December Leadership Council meeting on December 2, 2018 at 5 PM Eastern/ 4 PM Central/ 2 PM Pacific/ 11 PM Central European Time.
Thank you in advance for volunteering your time to the Progressive Christian Alliance, and I look forward to working with you!
Rev. Gina Pond