From today’s Leadership Council meeting:
- We are working on creating an ethics committee. Ted Warner will be working on creating the committee and giving more information about the committee. So, you will hear more from Ted about this.
- As we have lost our treasurer, we are looking for nominees or volunteers to be considered. So, if you have experience with 501c3 and with bookkeeping, please, keep this position in mind. I will pin a post with the announcement.
- We discussed items we consider inappropriate to post: violence toward others and self, pornography, threats. You will find the FB group descriptions will be updated with things deemed inappropriate. Don’t worry, we will not take away your freedom of expression. We are just asking for posts that do not harm others.
- We discussed misuse of intellectual property. It really is for us, as religious leaders, to model respectful use of intellectual property. Please, ask permission before you post or reuse.
- We are looking forward to our annual conference. Katharine Royal is organizing a committee for this. You will see more from her about our conference.
Thank you for all you do. May we continue to spread God’s radical love.
Ann Luchterhand Joyce
Leadership Council Chair
From the Secretary: We are transitioning our Leadership Council Meeting minutes to the website.
Website: We have e-mail lists available on our website. We maintain the info(at)progressivechristianalliance.org for information and inquiries. We are using a general e-mail list, we plan to create an official PCA membership list for clergy and laity who affiliate with us, and we have a list for the leadership to communicate through. We hope to create a process for laity who wish to affiliate to do so while requesting to be on the membership e-mail. Our work is not complete with this just yet. We will revisit the possibility of adding forums next month after we allow time to get used to the e-mail.
If you wish to be on the e-mail/news list, please visitwww.progressivechristianalliance.org to sign up.
Our e-mail list monitors currently include Gina Pond and Ted Warner. If the list grows exponentially, we may need more monitors in the future.
We thank Gina Pond for all of her work putting our new site together.
-We will be looking at a couple of new candidates for the ministry this month and take a vote.
-501(c)3: We thank the body for contributing feedback for our mission and identity statements. We are preparing to send the paperwork around for signatures from the leadership.
In Christ’s Service,