NOTICE: Our online Facebook groups and mailing list are on moderated status from October 19 through October 26. For more information: http://progressivechristianalliance.org/a-statement-from-the-interim-chair-about-our-online-groups/
Online Group Covenant
The Progressive Christian Alliance is an international, trans-denominational association of Christian ministers, ministries and laypersons.
We are a diverse fellowship inviting others to share in our common spiritual journey while walking our unique and sacred pathways. We believe that following Christ’s example means working for social justice and hospitality to all people, especially those who have not found hospitality elsewhere, and a heartfelt, thoughtful approach to being in relationship with God. We are intentionally radically inclusive and welcome all persons of any race, color, age, ancestry, sexual or relationship orientation, body size, gender, religion, or any other difference to become a part of this movement.
Below is the Group Covenant for our Online Groups. Please be sure to read through and inform the admin that you agree to the rules below:
- We practice respectful discourse. When we respond to another’s post we use the Golden Rule.
- We affirm and validate diversity. Diversity of other’s life experience, other’s understanding of what it means to be Christian, alternative ways of being a follower of Christ.
- We believe all of humanity are God’s beloved creation. No exceptions.
- We do NOT proselytize.
- Separate topics should have separate threads, don’t derail conversations.
We use “I” statements and do not speak for others. ie. In my experience; My understanding is…
- We accept that posts demonizing anyone WILL BE REMOVED and the one posting banned.
- As a religious institution we will not discuss politics on this group. Political posts WILL BE REMOVED.
- We accept that Admins are appointed by the Leadership Council of PCA and all admin decisions on the group are final.
Below are our major online groups. Click the image below the title to be taken to the page in a new tab.