LC Meeting Minutes 3/13/2016

 PCA – LC Meeting Minutes

Sunday, March 13, 2016 @ 6 PM CDT

In attendance

Fred-Allen Self, Gina Pond, Lawton Higgs, J.T. Ramelis, Beth Abbott

Minutes recorded by: Fred-Allen Self

Opening Reflection and Prayer – Lawton Higgs

Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting – *noted that Beth’s name has 2 b’s and 2 t’s. Motion to accept: Lawton      Second: Gina     Accepted unanimously.

Approve Agenda – unanimously approved.

Old Business:

Web site domain name & hosting –

  • Fred-Allen now holds the domain. Servers are moved over. Email is not currently working, but we believe it should be working shortly!
  • Fred-Allen will take care of cancelling 1and1.
  • Beth asked what will happen to the domain in the future. Fred-Allen offered to transfer GoDaddy account to the PCA itself. We will make this transfer after 501(c)3 is done.

Facebook administration –

  • Talked about the PCA User Covenant.
  • Fred-Allen will send final version of Covenant in email for approval. Upon approval will post it.
  • New members must agree to the covenant.
  • Fred-Allen will write rules for adding members to the group and post it to the admin group chat.
  • Fred-Allen will approach Kim Shinabery about being a group admin.
  • We will offer to remove admins if they would like to no longer remain admins, per Gina’s

Ordination Committee and ordination & affiliation process

  • Discussed membership/affiliation/ordination processes.
  • Do we have a record of everyone who is ordained? Beth has records of everyone she has sent out certificates to, but that is only the last couple of years.
  • Lawton will check in with Roger and Ann to see if they have a list of names.
  • Unanimous approval of process set forth by Beth. Will be sent to RSLs.
  • Lawton will contact Mike Kear about the possibility of serving as SW RSL. Recommended by Beth. She also recommended him as an admin. We believe that there is a vacancy in that area.
  • Beth also suggested Mike Wright Chapman.

501c3 discussion & fund raising and fund management

  • J.T. was unable to access the 501(c)3 file via DropBox. Gina also has a corrupted local file. We will need to contact Ann Joyce to see if we can get a good copy of the file. We absolutely NEED this file.
  • We need documentation of our incorporation. This is the first step of getting 501(c)3. J.T. will need to contact Ann to see if she has this document as well.
  • The main challenge at this point is the treasure hunt to find all of the required information. J.T. believes that we are structurally sound.
  • Lawton would like to begin developing a budget.

 

New Business:

Annual Meeting @ Wild Goose Festival July 7 – 10, 2016

  • There is likely not enough time between now and July to organize an annual meeting.
  • There are still those planning to attend the festival, but would be happy to arrange a meeting while we’re there.
  • We think that it would be helpful to have a time that people could come to the LC for questions or to connect with.
  • Discussed the possibility of a webinar or online open meeting for LC.

Other Business:

 

Next meeting date & time – Friday, April 22 6:00 CST

5 responses to “LC Meeting Minutes 3/13/2016

  1. Has the leadership council discussed my proposals for promoting rights to rites of passage here in UK and what was their decision please?

  2. Hi David! The LC did discuss your proposal at our meeting this past Friday (4/22) and Lawton should be contacting you soon to discuss details with you! Thanks! Rev. Gina

  3. Glad to hear from you. I thought the group became inactive.

    • Rev. Fred-Allen

      Hello! No, we are very much active! We’ve recently transitioned to a new Leadership Council and, as you can see, the site has just been updated. We’ll be posting our minutes for each monthly LC meeting and let you know what’s going on!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *