PCA – LC Meeting Minutes
Sunday, March 13, 2016 @ 6 PM CDT
Fred-Allen Self, Gina Pond, Lawton Higgs, J.T. Ramelis, Beth Abbott
Minutes recorded by: Fred-Allen Self
Opening Reflection and Prayer – Lawton Higgs
Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting – *noted that Beth’s name has 2 b’s and 2 t’s. Motion to accept: Lawton Second: Gina Accepted unanimously.
Approve Agenda – unanimously approved.
Web site domain name & hosting –
- Fred-Allen now holds the domain. Servers are moved over. Email is not currently working, but we believe it should be working shortly!
- Fred-Allen will take care of cancelling 1and1.
- Beth asked what will happen to the domain in the future. Fred-Allen offered to transfer GoDaddy account to the PCA itself. We will make this transfer after 501(c)3 is done.
Facebook administration –
- Talked about the PCA User Covenant.
- Fred-Allen will send final version of Covenant in email for approval. Upon approval will post it.
- New members must agree to the covenant.
- Fred-Allen will write rules for adding members to the group and post it to the admin group chat.
- Fred-Allen will approach Kim Shinabery about being a group admin.
- We will offer to remove admins if they would like to no longer remain admins, per Gina’s
Ordination Committee and ordination & affiliation process
- Discussed membership/affiliation/ordination processes.
- Do we have a record of everyone who is ordained? Beth has records of everyone she has sent out certificates to, but that is only the last couple of years.
- Lawton will check in with Roger and Ann to see if they have a list of names.
- Unanimous approval of process set forth by Beth. Will be sent to RSLs.
- Lawton will contact Mike Kear about the possibility of serving as SW RSL. Recommended by Beth. She also recommended him as an admin. We believe that there is a vacancy in that area.
- Beth also suggested Mike Wright Chapman.
501c3 discussion & fund raising and fund management
- J.T. was unable to access the 501(c)3 file via DropBox. Gina also has a corrupted local file. We will need to contact Ann Joyce to see if we can get a good copy of the file. We absolutely NEED this file.
- We need documentation of our incorporation. This is the first step of getting 501(c)3. J.T. will need to contact Ann to see if she has this document as well.
- The main challenge at this point is the treasure hunt to find all of the required information. J.T. believes that we are structurally sound.
- Lawton would like to begin developing a budget.
Annual Meeting @ Wild Goose Festival July 7 – 10, 2016
- There is likely not enough time between now and July to organize an annual meeting.
- There are still those planning to attend the festival, but would be happy to arrange a meeting while we’re there.
- We think that it would be helpful to have a time that people could come to the LC for questions or to connect with.
- Discussed the possibility of a webinar or online open meeting for LC.
Next meeting date & time – Friday, April 22 6:00 CST