Leadership Council Meeting Minutes for April 22, 2016

PCA Leadership Council Meeting Minutes

April 22, 2016 @ 6 PM CDT

In attendance: Fred-Allen Self, James Ramelis, Lawton Higgs, Gina Pond

After technology adventures the meeting was called to order at 6:05 PM.

  • Opening Reflection and Prayer – Lawton
  •  Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting – Approved unanimously.
    •  Fred-Allen will post meeting minutes to the website and Facebook.
    • Gina will post to the email list.
  •  Approve Agenda – unanimously approved.

Old Business

  • Web site domain name & hosting
    • Fred-Allen and Gina will work together on revamping the website.
    • Beth asked how we will go about compiling the clergy list for the website? Gina said it will all be voluntary and could be done through email/website/Facebook.
    • Look into hosting affiliation forms into website.
    • There is a problem with our emails going into spam folders of RSLs. Emails are being missed because of this. Gina proposed a solution of having that administrators forwarding the emails to the correct person.
    • Gina, Beth, and Fred-Allen will serve as administrators for the info list and forward emails to the correct person.
    • Lawton will take responsibility to create a directory of LC members and RSLs.
  • Facebook administration
    • Things are going VERY well with the Facebook group! We have a great admin team in place and it’s become a place for great dialog.
  • Ordination Committee and ordination & affiliation process
    • Ordination application and materials need to be updated.
    • Fred-Allen will update the ordination application to an editable form and edit the address to which it is remitted and send it to the PCA LC.
  • 501c3 discussion & fund raising and fund management
    •  J. T. gave an update on the process of the 501c3 filing.
    • A large stumbling block is the incorporation. J. T. needs the incorporation paperwork in order to move on the process.
    • Lawton will make contact to get the incorporation papers.
    • If it is necessary we will move ahead with a new incorporation.
    • This has been approved unanimously by the LC.
  • Wild Goose Festival July 7-10, 2016
    • Lawton suggests that if anyone would like to attend to register and we can plan a meet-up time for everyone in attendance.
    • Gina has concerns about attending Wild Goose because of a lack of protections for LGBTQ individuals there.

New Business

  • RSL Pacific Region and other RSL Needs
    • John Contabile has resigned as RSL from the Pacific Region.
    • Lawton has accepted and responded to this resignation. As such there is a need for a new RSL in this region.
    • Gina suggested a friend of hers, an ordained PCA minister, for Pacific RSL: Debra Newcomb. Gina will reach out. If she is interested then Lawton will reach out to her.
    • The LC would like to invite the RSLs to a LC meeting in the future.
  • Rev. David Gray’s PCA Rites development
    • Rev. David Gray is interested in developing rites for the PCA, such as baptism, naming, etc…
    • Beth and Fred-Allen both mentioned resources they had developed that they would be happy to share as well.
    • It was discussed to create a repository of these materials and make them available.
  • Jerry Joyce Veterans Healthcare Justice Letter
    • Letter has not been received yet, this will tabled to the next meeting.
  • Possible PCA Statement on State Oppression of LGBTQ persons
    • The LC has decided that we will make an official statement on HB2 and send it to the Wild Goose Festival as well as to the Governor.
    • Gina will draft the letter and send it to the LC for approval.

Other Business

  • Next meeting date & time: May 20, 2016 – 6:00 PM CDT

**These minutes were approved for publication at the May 20, 2016 meeting.

2 responses to “Leadership Council Meeting Minutes for April 22, 2016

  1. I LOVE the idea of developing a set of rites for the use of PCA ministers. This could be a fantastic resource for those who need them, but don’t find them in some of the other various denominations

    • Yes, we’re definitely excited to start compiling this resource! It would be really great to get other types of rituals from people as we go through this process!
      Rev. Gina

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *